2.13.2006

rock show

well, i returned to the scene this weekend by going to a show. it felt good. a lot has been going on this past week that had kinda been getting me down, so it was nice to just go rock out for a while and get my mind off of things. however, i did have a bit of a freak out moment when we got to champaign for the show. i did something i've never done in 6 years of going to shows. i left my ticket at home. i was really mad at myself for commiting such a "rookie" mistake. luckily though, we live in a world dominated by technology and internet. so the guys at the venue were able to look up the order that my ticket came in, and saw that only three had been scanned. so they believed me and let me in. i just couldn't leave and come back. oh darn. cuz i'd really been planning to leave anyways. so besides all that craziness, got to see emery for the fourth time and anberlin for the third time. as usual, they rocked. i did cement my hatred of hawthorne heights at the show though. number one, you could clearly see the screamer turning his vocal processor on and off everytime he stepped up to the mike. LAME! secondly, i still think every song of theirs sounds exactly the same. case in point, during their opener i turned to kurt and said, "i didn't think they would open with ohio." kurt looked at me and said, "dude, this is mickey fm." yeesh. that says everything right there, at least for me. so yeah, dudes from hawthorne heights, if you're reading this, you are all lame (musically speaking that is). well that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i may be going to that concert here in the cities when they come. next month, i think...

my friend kristin is going to bradley next year. apparently she's already heard of you somehow. you must be quite the guy around there.

happy late birthday. really late! in my defense, i did not know it was occurring.